ACCPH Accredited Diploma Course.
Choose BACS as payment method and I will invoice you on 16th February.
Book now with no advance payment. Pay on receipt of invoice.
Please scroll down and read full details.
Invest in learning EMDR and boost your income.
Join this exciting and stimulating event and learn this powerful break through therapy for dealing with trauma (PTSD) and much more.
Approved by NICE in the UK for the treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
This therapy is amazing for the client as they do not need to talk about what happened.
They do not need to tell you very much.
No need to be worried about letting “secrets” out.
There is no need to give their emotion the correct name it can be called anything as long as the client understands what their word for it means.
E.g Guilt can be called “Shrek”. Your client knows what it means and can remember the feelings without giving us detail.
This makes it easier for the client to come forward and deal with the “issue”.
Work face to face or remotely via video. Come and find out how.
I have used EMDR with Hypnosis to help combat;
Abuse in childhood, Anxiety, General Anxiety Dis-order, Anger,
Bereavement, Bullying (E.g School/Work), Birth Issues, Blockage,
Cravings for Food-Alcohol-Drugs,
Deserve to Die, Distrustful, Danger (Belief),
Fear, Fearful, Fearless (Risks),
Grief, Guilt,Gag Reflex,
Imposter Syndrome, Inadequacy,
PTSD, Phobias, Physical Abuse, Pain,
Robbery, Relationship Issues, Rape,
Shame, Sadness, Survivor Guilt, Sexual Assault, Self Esteem, Substance Abuse,
Unworthy, and much more.
Depending on our volunteers for demonstrations we will address some of these.
EMDR is being requested by more and more people as it gains recognition.
As a therapy it fits well with Hypnosis and can be a rapid form of therapy.
In my opinion Hypnotherapists will benefit from learning EMDR with Hypnosis.
Those of you who have looked for training in EMDR will have found that it is
closely protected by a self-appointed organisation which only allow training
to people with formal mental health qualifications.
If your reason for learning this powerful therapy is to help people then join me.
If you are looking for a certificate to just join a register, then this is not for you.
This course is suitable for those certified in a fully accredited base therapy and are;
Trainee Hypnotherapists close to certification,
NLP practitioners, Psychotherapists, Psychiatrists
and Medically qualified personnel
Any other therapy modalities should check with me before booking.
On the day we cover…
EMDR incorporating Hypnosis
- PTSD-What it is
- Development and history of EMDR
- Adaptive Information Process (AIP)
- E.M.D.R. Procedure
- E.M.D.R. Protocol
- Preparing our client
- 8 stage process
- The negative feeling called the SUD and how to test
- The replacement feeling called the VOC and how to test
- Break state
- What our clients need to complete between sessions
- How to use Hypnosis with EMDR
- Live Demonstrations and practice sessions
- Demonstration on [Food] [Drinks] Cravings
- Practice session 1
- Demonstration on a Single Trauma
- Practice session 2
- Presentation/Discussion on Multiple Trauma
- Practical hands on exercises
- Stop smoking. Discussion and scripted prescriptive process
- Stop vaping. Discussion and scripted prescriptive process
- More doing than talking
Our day involve learning together with live demonstrations.
Instead of spending the day talking through a manual or death by PowerPoint we will engage for most of our day (80%) on the practical uses of EMDR.
We learn quicker and easier by doing.
Group will watch a demonstration and then practice on reducing a craving or desire. E.G. Food. Alcohol. Thoughts.
Followed by a demonstration then exercise on a Single Issue/Negative Emotion.
Followed by a discussion on Multiple Issues.
Our learning experience consists of me explaining followed by live demonstrations, then you have the opportunity to practice in a supervised environment.
Think about how you learned to drive and I bet nobody spent hours with the driving instructor reading the Highway Code.
We got into the car and the instructor explained the pedals, mirrors etc, and we drove off and learned by doing.
What you will receive:-
- A comprehensive 22 page E.M.D.R. manual
- Full course notes
- Client recording samples
- Exercise examples
- Live demonstrations
- The opportunity to be a volunteer and experience EMDR
- The opportunity to practise in a supervised environment
- The confidence to treat a wider range of difficulties
- A new valuable skill set
- A quality 4 ring binder
- Quality punched pockets
- One of my top quality branded pens
- Post course support
- You will experience and practise this powerful therapy several times
- In one day you will learn EMDR with Hypnosis and know how to help clients change
- Refreshments on arrival
- Qualifies for 7 hours CPD
- This course has no connection with EMDR Europe or EMDRIA or EMDRUK. Attending this event does not make you eligible for membership of any EMDR association
- EMDR like Hypnotherapy and other complimentary therapies is unregulated.
- Please note lunch is not included.
- N.B. John or John Dewar School are not responsible for any costs incurred such as e.g. hotel bookings or travel expenses if a course is cancelled or postponed for any reason.